This lookup uses MapIt
(an API to provide postcode/point to council lookup, take a look)
to look up the council and ward for the location, and then tells you if
there are currently any nationally-imposed local restrictions.
Data last updated at 4pm on 22nd October 2020,
with information about Coventry/Stoke/Slough moving to tier 2.
- A few postcodes cross council boundaries, and this tool will return the result for
the centroid of the postcode. Sadly better data is not available as open data, though
many have campaigned for this over the years; the government do have access to better
data and could make a tool like this that worked even for those postcodes.
- You can also enter lat,lon if you don’t have a postcode, or use the
“Use your location” button. Any locations and postcodes are not stored
anywhere apart from the server’s log file which is automatically archived each
week and then automatically deleted after ten weeks.
- Local authorities may also have put in place local restrictions I don’t know
about from the national pages. Do check your council’s website, and
please feel free to let me know on
GitHub and I can get them included.
- I have made a comparison chart between this service and other similar ones.
- To help me keep this up to date, the code is on GitHub.
Pull Requests for changes to the areas or postcode list are welcome.
- If I am unable to keep this up to date, I will immediately remove it and
leave only these links to the various UK government sites.
You can also use those links if you do not want to provide a postcode.
- https://www.microcovid.org/ is a useful tool to
provide you with estimated risk level of various activities.
Avoid the 3 Cs: Crowds, Closed Spaces, and Close Contact.
MODify your socializing: Masked, Outdoors, Distanced.